Bananas Foster Pancakes make a beautiful and sweet breakfast idea to share with someone special this upcoming Valentine’s Day! These soft and fluffy banana buttermilk pancakes topped with bananas foster sauce!
Pancakes are a common breakfast around here. Boys love pancakes and it’s pretty quick and easy for me to make. Since I make it so often, I like to play around with different flavors. There are so many different pancakes variations I’ve made through the years, some even made it on the blog. Yeap, only some! Can’t be posting pancakes every week now, can I?!
Last week, I got a great thought to make a sweet pancake breakfast that would be perfect for sharing. Hubby was excited about these pancakes because he could probably live on pancakes alone and he loves bananas foster. Little man wasn’t too excited because he doesn’t like banana but it’s ok, I made him his own (throw some chocolate chips in there and he is happy). These pancakes turned out to be one of the best ones I’ve made so far! Perfect flavor combination!
If you are a bit sick of everything pink, red and chocolate, then you will agree with me that it would make a very special breakfast for someone you love!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1 banana, chopped
- Bananas Foster:
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 3 Tbsp banana liqueur
- Pancakes: Whisk together the wet pancake ingredients until combined.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until smooth and mix in the bananas. Let the batter stand for about 10 minutes. (This is a good time to preheat your cooking pan on medium heat and start the topping.)
- Cook the pancakes, in the preheated pan, for about a minute or two on each side. Check the pancakes by pressing lightly in the center, if its firm the pancakes are done.
- In a separate pan, make the bananas foster.
- Bananas Foster: In a medium pan, melt butter on medium-high heat, add sugar and stir well. Add banana slices and saute for about a minute. Add the rum and liquor, saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Top off the pancakes with warm bananas foster.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!