You’ve probably noticed that I absolutely love coconut and Almond Joy and my favorite candy. I’m sure that I have many “coconutty buddies” out there and this dessert is for you!
It’s Almond Joy Brownies and they are sooo yummy! A layer of coconut and almond mixture, topped with moist and fudgy brownies and some toasted almonds on top.
These brownies turned out ummmmmm-mazing!
They are moist and fudgy … and the coconut goes very well with the brownie. Toasted almonds add that extra crunch that many of us like in desserts.
Little man demolished these brownies in a heat beat. I found him at the table covered in it with chocolate crumbs all over his face. I wish that I would have taken a picture to show you but I was laughing to hard.
Making these brownies might have a side effect messy face, hands and table! So worth it though!
I found some awesome almonds. They are coconut almonds and it’s like they are coated in coconut powder. I got them in the nut section of the grocery store and used them in these brownies. The bottom coconut mixture is where I used these coconut almonds. If you find them at the store, I definitely recommend trying it.
Any chocolate is guaranteed to satisfy, but throw in coconut and toasted almond and you will be in heaven!
- Coconut Layer:
- 3 cups of coconut
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of whole toasted almonds, chopped
- 10 tbs butter
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz of sliced toasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Coconut mixture:
- Mix coconut, chopped almond and condensed milk until all evenly incorporated. Spread over the bottom of the baking dish but don't make it even.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in the sauce pot, on medium heat. Stir often. Once everything is evenly melted, take off heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Transfer to the large mixing bowl to cool down.
- Once cooled, add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and water.
- Sift in flour and baking soda. Whisk until all evenly incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the coconut mixture.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bake for 30-32 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
More For Inspiration: