This is all happening TOO FAST! July is over and we are in our last month of summer!
This is our last food fight of the summer and I can’t believe that I will be gathering fall recipes soon!
LEMON recipes won last time and you can see them all in the Lemon Team post!
Before we go to the fight, I’d like to share something new to go with this month’s theme. Every Food Fight, I share something special add to the fight. I’m sharing some amazing White Chocolate Blonde Bars that are topped with toasted almonds and white chocolate chips and then drizzled with raspberry reduction. Absolutely heavenly!
- White Chocolate Blonde Bars:
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 oz of melted baker's white chocolate
- 2/3 cup of chopped toasted almonds
- 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips
- Raspberry Topping:
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp of cornstarch mixed with a little bit of cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, vanilla, brown sugar and melted butter until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until all incorporated.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave on half the power, for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each set.
- Whisk the melted white chocolate into the batter until all combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- After the blondes have been baking for about 15 minutes, add the nuts and white chocolate.
- Raspberry topping: in a small sauce pot, bring raspberries and sugar to boil on medium heat while mashing the raspberries with a wooden spoon. Add the cornstarch mixture, while whisking constantly. Cook for a couple of minutes. Strain through a fine strainer to get rid of the solids. Cool until ready to use.
- Cool the bars to room temperature and drizzle with raspberry topping.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
On To The Food Fight!!
In the RIGHT corner, we have White Chocolate…
In the LEFT corner, we have Milk Chocolate…
Now, they will fight and you will VOTE! Leave a comment here or on any social media network and tell me who do you think should be the winner.
Make sure to visit these special recipes, share them or pin them if you like it!
The FOOD FIGHT happens right here, every month, so come bath every 1st!
Fall Battles start next month!
HERE COMES THE BOOM!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!