I have another sweet breakfast idea for you! It’s Coconut Crusted Stuffed French Toast, made with coconut flavored cream cheese, crusted and toasted in some coconut flakes as well.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so why not have some fun with it!
I’ve been on quite the coconut kick lately, using coconut everywhere I can. I even got some toasted coconut almonds. They are amazing, by the way. (I’m planning on making some cookies with it and can’t wait to share it.)
It’s been a while since I made stuffed French Toast. Actually, I haven’t made one since the Blueberry Stuffed French Toast. It was the little man’s first experience with French toast and he was hooked. Even though pancakes are still his favorite, stuffed French toast is a close second.
I would say that this Coconut French Toast more than made up for not having it in a while. It’s so soft in the center and crusted with crunchy coconut flakes on the top. I also used some cream of coconut in the eggs and in the cream cheese. This is the perfect coconut goodness to start your day!
- 6 1-inch thick slices of French Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs cream of coconut
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 tbs vegetable oil for cooking
- Preheat a saute pan on medium heat.
- Slice the French bread slices in the middle but not all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tbs of cream of coconut until well combined.
- Place coconut flakes in another shallow, wide bowl.
- In a shallow, wide bowl, whisk eggs, 1 tbs of cream of coconut, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the bread slices.
- Dip the bread in egg mixture and then into coconut flakes. Press the flakes lightly.
- Cook the French toast on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side. (If the coconut is toasting too fast, you may need to lower the heat a little bit.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck, Thirty Handmade Days, and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Here are some more French Toast ideas: