Father’s Day week continues with Bacon & Cheese Savory Bread! It’s a soft, moist and delicious bread made with crispy bacon and sharp white cheddar cheese!
Originally, I wanted to make a “Dad” kind of muffins for breakfast, for my husband. I thought that savory muffins with bacon and cheese would be perfect to wake up to. Apparently, I was wrong!
“Muffins are just not manly!”
That’s what my hubby said to me. Haha, I didn’t ever realize that muffins were not manly. So I suggested savory bread and he was happy about that.
I got some nice applewood smoked bacon and baked it for a couple extra minutes to give it a nice crisp. I also got some extra sharp white cheddar for a more flavor.
Bacon lovers are guaranteed to be in food heaven! The bread didn’t last two full days between the little man and the big man!
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of bread flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 oz of cubed, extra sharp white cheddar
- 10 crispy bacon strips, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tbs virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Some chopped green onion for sprinkling on top
- 1 more chopped bacon strip for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x4 inch bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add the crispy bacon and cubed white cheddar to the four and mix until all incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Pour the liquids into the flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are well combined. (The dough will be sticky.)
- Transfer the dough into the bread pan and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onion and bacon bits over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck, Thirty Handmade Days, and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!