I’m continuing sharing the recipes from our fun Mother’s Day weekend with Smothered Sweet Potato Fries. This delicious appetizer is made with pepper jack cheese and crispy bacon bits.
This smothered sweet potato fries was our lunch last weekend. My sister and I shared this and it was incredibly delicious and filling. The flavor combination works perfectly. My sister is gaga over sweet potato fries, so I thought it would be a perfect treat for us.
You can pre-cook the bacon and that way it will only take you about half an hour to make this fries. I also like to bake my fries instead of frying it to cut some calories.
- 15-20 oz of sweet potato fries (I like Alexia)
- 1 cup of chopped, cooked bacon
- 3 oz pepper jack cheese
- Bake the sweet potato fries according to the package until crispy.
- Spread half of the fries over the plate that is oven safe. Lightly salt.
- Grate half of the cheese over the fries and sprinkle with half of the bacon.
- Spread the remaining half of fries over the top.
- Grate the remaining cheese, evenly, over fries and sprinkle with remaining bacon. Add a little more salt over the top.
- Bake for about 3-5 minutes at 400.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!