March is awesome this year, two holidays!! Last week I got some St. Patrick’s Day recipes for you. Make sure to go check out Baileys Brownies with Baileys Frosting and Irish Tea Cake. I also have some idea in the side bar. Today, I’m sharing an Easter treat, M&M Rice Krispie Eggs to be exact.
I wonder if I’m the only one who thinks of Rice Krispie treats when it’s Easter time. It seems like I made different Easter themed Rice Krispie treats every year. Last year is was Krispie Chocolate Egg Basket and Coconut Krispie Easter Eggs the year before. It’s becoming somewhat of a tradition and pretty much the only time I make rice krispie treats.
While I was looking around in the holiday isle, at a store, I found Easter themed M&Ms. My boys love M&Ms, so I decided to combine the two treats into one. I also took some of these treats to my sister’s competition, to share with her friends. (She got the regional champion title in her category, for her solo dance …3rd one!) The treats were a hit!
These treats would be perfect for Easter parties and egg hunts!
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tbs butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 3-4 tbs marshmallow fluff
- 1 bag (10.9 oz) of Easter M&Ms
- In a large bowl, combine butter and marshmallows. Heat it in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix well and cook for another 45 seconds, until completely melted.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture. Mix well.
- Cover the bottom and the sides of a large baking pan (13x9) with parchment paper and lightly grease it.
- Spread the rice krispie mixture in the pan, evenly. Press lightly and cool in the fridge for about 15-20 min.
- Using an egg shaped cookie cutter, cut out the rice krispie eggs. (I suggest lightly greasing your hands while handling the rice krispie treats).
- Using a small plastic spatula, cover the sides and the top of the egg with a thin layer of marshmallow fluff.
- Quickly, add the M&Ms to the sides and the top of the eggs. Press lightly.
There you are! Easy peasy and it looks so cute that it’s guaranteed to be a hit with kids!
Don’t miss any updates and recipes from me, follow me through emails
I am linking this post to all the wonderful parties in my party tab, go check them out and link your own projects! Don’t forget about my party, it is LIVE NOW! (link up)