I know, I told you that I would have this cake recipe posted yesterday. I’m sowwwy, I got behind on my school work and had to finish it. Good news, I’m only a day late! Here is the recipe for Irish Tea Cake!
I have another sweet Irish treat for you. I love this cake, it’s so light and tasty.
Last week, I asked my Facebook fans what St. Patty’s day ideas they wanted to see or any special dishes they make every year. I got a couple of awesome ideas. One was to bake with Baileys, which is how I got the idea for the Baileys Brownies with Baileys Frosting, which I shared on Monday. Another great idea came from by best friend, she suggested Irish Tea cakes. I’ve never actually had Irish Tea Cake before but it really intrigued me, so I had to look it up and make it.
Awesome cake and so simple! Aside from being simple, I love that this cake is versatile. You can serve it with anything from fruit, to jam, to whipped cream. I served it with some fresh raspberries and tea. It was a perfect combination of crisp fruit and soft, light cake. Mmmm…mmm…good!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs powder sugar for dusting
- Preheat the over to 350, grease and lightly flour the 9-inch round cake pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed, until light. (about 2 minutes)
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla, milk and sour cream.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix everything, on low speed, until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Do the toothpick test to check for doneness.
- Cool the cake completely and dust with powder sugar.
I hope you get a chance to try this cake and love it as much as my whole family did! Thank you to my bestie for the suggestion!
I am linking this recipe to all the parties in my party tab. Go check out the parties and link your own projects. Don’t forget about coming by and linking up to my party, starting on Saturday nights!
Want to see more cake recipes? Here are a couple of my favorites: