Who loved fish? I do, I do! I love seafood and I make it any change I get, as in, any time hubby is working all day. I have some delicious Fish Tacos with Homemade Tartar Sauce to share with you today!
-What do you call a fish with no “eyes?”
I know this joke is a little corny but I love it. I heard it on How I Met Your Mother (love that show) and couldn’t stop laughing. Saying it out loud is a lot funnier than reading it, by the way.
I really don’t know how I got fish tacos from this joke (other than “fish”) but I suddenly started craving fish tacos after the episode. I immediately put it on my shopping list and made it the next time hubby was working all day. I should explain, he doesn’t like seafood or smell of seafood so I make it for myself when he is not home.
I usually prefer to make my on sauce or dressing. Simply, because I don’t use them often enough to buy a whole bottle. After throwing away jar after jar of sauces, I started making my own. The best part is that it tastes so much better too!
- For Tartar Sauce:
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbs of capers
- 1/2 tsp juice from capers
- 1 tbs chopped green onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- For Fish Tacos:
- 2 4-oz cod fillet
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt, pepper
- 3 tbs oil
- 4 small flour tortillas
- Lettuce (to taste)
- Tomatoes (to taste)
- Shredded carrots (to taste)
- Fresh dill weed
- For Tartar Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- For Fish Tacos:
- Preheat the oil in a medium cooking pan.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Cut the fish fillets in 3-4 long pieces and bread each piece, lightly, in flour.
- Cook the fish until completely cooked.
- Prepare the tortillas by warming them up and filling with lettuce, tomatoes and carrots. Add the cooked fish and tartar sauce. Garnish with a little bit of dill weed.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to emails of follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| so you don’t miss any more recipes!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!