St. Patrick’s Day is only a couple of weeks away and I am in a full Irish mood. Lots of Irish themed recipes and kissing! Here, I will just share the recipes. Starting the week with these Bailey’s Brownies with Baileys Frosting (kid version is included). Tomorrow, it’s Irish Tea Cake. Also, check out my Cheddar Ale Soup.
These brownies are not just delicious, they are addicting, disappearing and guaranteed to make you happy! I don’t know if you are planning to go out for St. Patty’s Day or throw the party at home, either way, you must make these brownies. Trust me, you won’t regret it. Of course, the alcohol in brownies will cook out while baking but there will be alcohol in frosting. I suggest using regular Cool Whip for the kid’s brownies sprinkled with green sugar. The frosting is very light and compliments the brownies perfectly.
- Your favorite brownie mix, I love Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme
- 1/3 cup of Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup of Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 tbs powder sugar
- 1-2 tbs Meringue powder (for stabilizing)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a preferred baking pan.
- While making the brownies, substitute the water in the box ingredients for the Baileys Irish Cream.
- Sift the brownie mix to get rid of the lumps and whisk everything together.
- Bake according to the box ingredients.
- Take out the brownies and cool completely before frosting.
- Whisk the Cool Whip and Baileys together, don't whisk too hard.
- Add the powder sugar and meringue powder, whisk well. If the frosting is still a little too thin, add another tablespoon of meringue powder.
- Using a heart cookie cutter, cut out the brownie hearts.
- Combining 3 hearts, form a shamrock.
- Make the stem out of the scraps.
- Frost, sprinkle with green sugar and enjoy!
Have fun celebrating St. Patty’s Day and be SAFE!!
I am sharing this recipe at all the parties in my party tab, hope you visit the hosts and share your projects as well. Don’t forget about my party every Sunday (opens Saturday nights)!
Here are a few more brownies recipes for you!