How about more cheesecake? Who said “no?” Get out! Only cheesecake lovers here…ok, any cake loves are allowed…ok, everyone is allowed.
Per my fan’s request, I have new cheesecake recipe for you, Caramel Apple Cheesecake!
This cheesecake was made in celebration on the big step my blog took this week and the 2nd anniversary last week. I asked my Facebook fans what cheesecake they wanted to see from me and I actually got quite a few suggestions for Caramel Apple Cheesecake. So here it is and may I just say…”yumdelicious”!!!
I also wanted to share a gorgeous cake stand that I used to serve this gorgeous cheesecake. Remember a giveaway I had for my blog’s second birthday, the giveaway for a Nambé cake stand? Well, I rushed the giveaway just for my fans and left the cake and the review for after the move.
Can I just say…I am in love with this cake plate. It’s not only gorgeous and elegant, it’s also very thick and durable. It’s perfect for serving any sized cake as well as other desserts. Already, I can’t wait for the next party or an event where I can use this beautiful cake plate.
Nambé was established in 1951, it was named after an ancient village not far from Santa Fe. Today, Nambé is a company recognized worldwide for its award-winning designs and admired for its dedication to both artistic integrity and everyday functionality. This Nambe Cake Plate was designed by Todd Myers, one of Nambé’s talented designers. The platform is glass, and the arched support is made of lustrous Nambé Alloy. The glass is very thick and durable and so as the stand.
- For Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For Cheesecake
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, (peeled, cored chopped)
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 3 8-oz cream cheese packs
- 2/3 cup of juice from cooking the apples
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbs corn starch
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- For Topping
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 2-3 tbs caramel
- 3-4 cups of boiling hot water
- 1 tbs sugar
- ~ Grease a 9-inch spring form, set aside. Preheat the oven to 325.
- For crust: Crush the graham crackers in the food processor or use the graham cracker crumbs. Mix in the sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir very well. Press graham crackers into the pan, evenly, all over the bottom and about half way up the side.
- For Apples: In a small sauce pot, melt the butter and add the brown sugar and caramel, mix all until combined. Peel and chop the apples and add them to the sauce. Cook on medium heat, covered (leave a little crack for the steam to escape), until the apples are soft. Drain the sauce into a separate cup and spread the apples over the crust.
- For Cheesecake:
- Start beating the cream cheese in a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, sour cream, and the juice from cooking the apples.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition.
- Add sugar and corn starch. Make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan with crust. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool completely.
- For Topping
- Cut the apples in half and cut out the core. Slice the apples very thin. Blanch the sliced apples in boiling sweet water for about 15-20 seconds to soften them. Arrange the apple slices on top to form a rose and drizzle it with caramel.
Thank you again, to my readers for this great suggestion. The cheesecake turned out perfect! I hope you get a chance to make it and let me know how you liked it.
I am linking this recipe to all the parties in my party tab. Visit the wonderful hosts and link your own projects. Don’t forget to comeback here Saturday night for my own link party.
Disclosure: I received a Nambe cake plate for free for the purpose of this review and giveaway. All the opinions and photographs are my own!