(This recipe will make a loaf of pound cake,
or a lot of hearts. Cut in half if you have to.)
3 eggs, room temperature
3 tbs of whole milk, also room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup of sugar
13 tbs of butter
2 tbs cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a mini heart cake pan (or loaf pan)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer (or in a separate bowl using hand mixer)…sift the flour. Add the sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients on low for about 30 seconds (until well combined).
3. Add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom. Change the speed to medium and beat for about a minute. The batter will start get light and airy.
4. Add the other half of the egg mixture in two batches, beating for about 30 seconds after each addition. The cake batter will be light and fluffy at that point. Add the cocoa powder to the batter and mix just until all combined.
5. Separate between the mini heart pans, bake for 13-15 minutes or until the toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean. (If baking in the loaf pan, bake for 55-60 minutes.)
6. To assemble the cakes, cut the cakes in half. Spread the hazelnut butter, layer some bananas and cover it with the cake top. Drizzle some hot fudge on top.