Ginger Snap Cookie:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon all spice
2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
2 tbs sour cream
2 tbs flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp molasses
1/2 tsp cinnamon
~Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9×9 baking dish and line the bottom with parchment paper. Make sure to grease the parchment paper too.
1. First make the cookie part:
-Beat the butter and sugar for a couple of minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition
- Add the molasses and vanilla, beat until combined
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and all spice. Mix until just combined.
2. Transfer the cookie dough into the baking dish and spread it evenly. Make sure to leave a little bit of the dough out to make a couple of cookies. Make 2-3 cookies while preparing the cheesecake batter. (The cookies will be crumbled and added to the top)
3. Prepare the cheesecake batter: Combine all the ingredients in a mixer. Beat until all combined and smooth.
4. Pour the batter over the cookie dough. Make sure it’s all spread evenly.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Add the crumbled cookies, that you made earlier, on top of the cheesecake. Cool completely before serving.