Once I actually started pulling out the ingredients, I realized that I didn’t feel like lemon muffins. Coffee seemed like a much better idea at the time. I’m glad, I went with coffee!
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
4 tbs of very strong coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
2 cups of coconut flakes
~Preheat the oven to 350. Line the 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
1. Spread the coconut evenly on a cookie baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes, until all the coconut is toasted golden brown.
2. Beat butter and eggs together for a couple of minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add yogurt and vanilla extract, mix well.
5. Sift the salt, baking powder and flour together.
6. Alternating, add half of flour mixture and milk, starting and ending with flour.
7. Beat in coffee. Mix until just combined.
8. Carefully, fold in half of the toasted coconut.
9. Separate the batter between the muffin cups. Top off the muffins with the remaining toasted coconut, evenly.
10. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.