Chicken Parmesan Sliders

This is a wonderful and easy weekend lunch. I’ve been craving some Chicken Parmesan but I knew that I had a whole night of cooking ahead of me. I was working on a cake (that is still in progress). I’m hoping to share it with you, but only if it comes out good.
So, I made these Chicken Parmesan Sliders on a stove top and it only took me about 20 minutes. Delicious lunch and practically effortless…win-win!

(I’m sorry, I completely forgot to take the process pictures. Forgive me?)

4 chicken tenders (1 tender per slider)
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
salt/pepper
1 tbs Parmesan cheese
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup Marinara sauce
4 mini hamburger buns
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
4-5 fresh basil leaves

1. Beat the egg with a little salt and pepper in one shallow bowl.
2. Combine Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Bread the chicken tenders: dip the tenders first into bread crumb mixture. then into egg, then into bread crumb mixture again.
4. Cook the breaded tenders on medium heat for about 15 minutes, until completely done.
5. Lower the heat to medium-low. Add the Marinara sauce on top of chicken tenders. Cover and cook for about 2 more minutes.
6. Cut the chicken tenders in half and place them on the buns. Top with some Mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.

Enjoy!!

* I am linking this recipe to  THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?

Comments

1. TheMrsatSuccessAlongtheWeigh says:

I am absolutely making these!! Soooo yummy!

2. Tonia@TheGunnySack says:

I love chicken parmesan but never thought to have it in a sandwich! YUM!!

3. Hi, saw this at Rattlebridge and it looks right up my alley – I’m sure my husband would love this….thanks for sharing. New follower too and I invite you to stop by and see me sometime http://debra-ann.blogspot.com/ Deb

4. Looking good! Nice bright color pictures, good job!

5. Kim @ Too Much Time says:

These look amazing. i love chicken parm and these would be great for a party:) Thanks for linking up at Get Schooled Saturday-Kim

6. Pots, Pans and Paintbrushes says:

Nom. I can’t wait to make these AND feature them on my Pinterest Yummy Recipe Challenge (because these are totally being pinned). I LOVE chicken parmesan!

7. These sandwiches sound so good!

8. Are u cooking these in the oven or in a skillet? They look very tasty!

9. Are u cooking these in the oven or in a skillet? They look very tasty!

10. Another great recipe! This looks easy and I’d love to try it for dinner one day

11. These look delicious!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami

12. Love that you made little sliders out of these. My kids would enjoy this recipe! Pinned!

13. YUM! Those look great…thanks for the recipe.

14. lemonsforlulu.com says:

Yummy! Chicken parmesan is one of my husbands favorite foods! This would be a fun new way to serve it!

15. chica chocolatina says:

These look delicous!, my daughter will love these!

16. Maureen, Milwaukee says:

These look really great – had to come to your site from Serious Eats site where the pic was posted and read the recipe! Can you clarify: did you use oil in the pan? What size pan did you use? Thanks!

17. WillCookForSmiles says:

Of course! I used a medium size pan and I had double the about (I made 8 sliders). Since breaded tenders tend to soak up oil, I used about 2 tbs of olive oil.

18. WillCookForSmiles says:

Awww, I hope so! Thank you!

19. Looks delicious as usual! My hubs is gonna love this I know!

20. Gina Kleinworth says:

OMG- YUM! Going to be making these.

21. These sound DELICIOUS!! What a great idea to make sliders out of chicken parm! Love it and will definitely use this idea! Thanks for sharing!

1. [...] Chicken Parmesan Sliders from Will Cook For Smiles [...]

2. […] View Recipe Preparation Instructions […]

3. […] Chicken Parmesan Sliders by Will Cook For Smiles I love chicken parmesan, and this look super tasty. It’s different from classic chicken parmesan, which is kind of fun. I could definitely see serving these at a party or something. Tomato Tortellini Soup by Six Sisters Stuff Isn’t everything from Six Sisters Stuff awesome? Yesterday, I attended the Build Your Blog Conference, and I’m amazed by this group of sisters. This soup looks yummy, and pretty easy. I love tortellini too, so it’s a win-win! Cream Cheese Filled Chicken by The Happy Lil Homemaker If you do one thing today, click over to this website and look at the recipe and picture of this. It looks amazing — so moist and creamy. I just want to eat it through the page! The other day when I was at Trader Joes, and I discovered they had dairy free cream cheese…While some dairy free items are nasty, I’m curious about this. If it tastes okay, this dish is guaranteed to be on our table next week! […]