Anyone and everyone can help by gathering friends and family and asking them to donate food to the local food bank. Even if everyone brings only 1 box or a can of food, remember, it is 1 more box of cereal for a family in need!
4 cups of Post Grape Nuts cereal
1 cup of Peanut Butter
1/3 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup dry pomegranates
3 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 tbs butter
1. Warm up the peanut butter and the maple syrup until hot. Place the cereal into a bowl and add the hot peanut butter, syrup and pomegranate seeds. Mix very well.
2. Line the 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper and grease slightly. Transfer the cereal mixture into the baking dish. Spread evenly and press hard. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
3. While the cereal bars a cooling prepare the chocolate drizzle. Cut the chocolate into chunks. Melt the chocolate and butter over medium heat in a small sauce pot. Mixing constantly. Let cool to room temperature. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars and refrigerate until all cooled.
4. Cut into squares.
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup whole milk
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3-4 cups powdered sugar,
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease the 12-cup muffin pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
3. Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
4. With mixer running, drizzle in the oil and beat until well combined.
5. Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk. Start and end with dry ingredients.
6. Divide the batter between the muffin cups. It should fill them all 3/4 of the way.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
1. Beat the butter on high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Turn off the mixer, add the sugar and salt and mix a little by hand so that the sugar doesn’t blow everywhere.
2. Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream. Beat on high until all light, soft and fluffy (another 2-3 minutes).
3. Frost the cool cupcakes.
4. In a shallow bowl. Crunch about a cup of fruity pebbles cereal. Take each cupcake and dip it in the cereal evenly.
Post’s Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/
Post’s Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/#!/
CFK’s Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/#!/
CFK’s Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/