These are the greatest stuffed mushrooms that I’ve ever tried!! Just food heaven! Mushrooms stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, herbs, onions and more cheese!
- 12-15 medium sized mushrooms of your choice
- Save the stems of the mushrooms
- 1 tbs olive oil, to toss mushrooms
- 1 tbs olive oil, to saute
- 1 small shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5-7 cilantro leaves
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbs grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Wash your mushrooms and carefully take off the stems. Toss the mushrooms lightly is olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat a small cooking pan and 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Chop the shallot and mushrooms stems into small pieces. Saute the chopped mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Mince the garlic cloves and add them to the pan. Saute until fragrant and move the veggies to the small bowl.
- Cool the veggies a little then add the cream cheese, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, egg, salt and pepper. Mix very well until all combined.
- Place the mushroom cups into the baking dish. Carefully fill the cups with the mixture pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for about 15-20 minutes making sure that the mushrooms are completely cooked and hot throughout.
- Sprinkle the stuffed mushrooms with some more shredded Parmesan cheese and serve!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?