12-15 medium sized mushrooms of your choice
*Save the stems of the mushrooms*
1 tbs olive oil, to toss mushrooms
1 tbs olive oil, to saute
1 small shallot
3 garlic cloves
5-7 cilantro leaves
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbs grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat the oven to 350.
1. Wash your mushrooms and carefully take off the stems. Toss the mushrooms lightly is olive oil and set aside.
2. Preheat a small cooking pan and 1 tbs of olive oil.
3. Chop the shallot and mushrooms stems into small pieces. Saute the chopped mushrooms and onion until tender.
4. Mince the garlic cloves and add them to the pan. Saute until fragrant and move the veggies to the small bowl.
5. Cool the veggies a little then add the cream cheese, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, egg, salt and pepper. Mix very well until all combined.
6. Place the mushroom cups into the baking dish. Carefully fill the cups with the mixture pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more.
7. Bake the stuffed mushrooms for about 15-20 minutes making sure that the mushrooms are completely cooked and hot throughout.
8. Sprinkle the stuffed mushrooms with some more shredded Parmesan cheese and serve!
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?