2 slices of marble rye bread (my absolute favorite bread)
1 tablespoon soft butter, for spreading
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (I completely forgot to buy fresh mozzarella)
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Butter each slice of bread on one side.
2. Spread basil pesto on the inside of each slice of bread.
3. Place the mozzarella cheese slices on top. Top with the other slice of bread. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese on the top of the sandwich.
4. Place the sandwich, Parmesan side down on a preheated, non-stick pan. Top off with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Set heat on medium.
5. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is golden brown.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?