This is a fun idea for an unusual dessert! It’s a BLT sandwich but it’s a dessert. Fresh homemade pound cake with Nutella, strawberries and mint leaves. Fun and delicious!
(adapted from Joy Of Baking)
3 eggs, room temperature
3 tbs of whole milk, also room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup of sugar
13 tbs of butter
Fresh Mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan (9x5x3) and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom. Lightly grease the paper too.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer (or in a separate bowl using hand mixer)…sift the flour.
3. Add the sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients on low for about 30 seconds (until well combined).
4. Add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom. Change the speed to medium and beat for about a minute. The batter will start get light and airy.
5. Add the other half of the egg mixture in two batches, beating for about 30 seconds after each addition. The cake batter will be light and fluffy at that point.
6. Add the batter to the loaf pan. Even out the top. Bake for about 55-60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake before serving.
7. To assemble the “BLT” make sure the pond cake is at room temperature, no warmer. Spread some Nutella, top it off with sliced strawberries and mint.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?