Making a simple blueberry muffin seemed a little too… simple, so I added a couple more things. I wanted to make banana, blueberry muffins. I found these muffins through Pinterest, on For The Love of Cooking. She made banana blueberry lemon muffins and they looked so mouthwatering! I had some key limes left from making cheesecake bars (post to come), so I used those instead. It was a great flavor addition. Thanks Pam for sharing these great muffins!
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp vanilla
Zest of 2 key limes
Juice from the 1 key lime
1 cup of blueberries
Zest of 1 key lime
2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the cupcake liners into the 12-cup muffin pan
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, mix and set aside.
3. In the standing mixer (or using a hand-held mixer), beat together the bananas, eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, key lime juice, key lime zest and vanilla until well blended.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Carefully fold in 1 cup of blueberries.
6. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
7. Mix together the sugar and lime zest and sprinkle evenly on top of each muffin.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?