I know what you are thinking…”There she goes, posting another pancake recipe”. To that I say, “Yes, I Am!”. My boys love pancakes so I always look for some new flavors for them.
When I was making these pancakes my hubby walked into the kitchen and asked if I was making Apple Pie. I giggled and told him that I was making pancakes. He looked a little puzzled so I sent him out of the kitchen to wait for his breakfast with the little guy. When I showed him the pancakes he said “Oh they are like Apple Pie Pancakes”. The name for these pancakes was born!
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz melted unsalted butter
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 tbs butter
2 tbs brown sugar
1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Whisk you wet pancake ingredients until combined.
2. Whisk in your dry ingredients and let the batter stand for about 10 minutes. This is a good time to preheat your cooking pan and start the topping.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar. When the butter is melted add the chopped apple and cinnamon.
4. Set the temperature on medium-low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the apples are soft. Stir occasionally.
5. Cook the pancakes, in your preheated pan, for about a minute or two on each side. Check the pancakes by pressing lightly in the center, if its firm the pancakes are done.
6. Top the pancakes with apple topping.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?