Today, I want to share with you, the meal that I made for my honey’s big 33! It was his birthday on Wednesday and every year, I encourage him to choose a special birthday dinner. This year, he chose Steak Dianne. I never made one before, so I welcomed the challenge.
|Ready for anything! Hehe|
|Notice the important “ingredient”!|
2 Filet Mignon steaks
1 tbs of olive oil
2 tbs butter
1 large shallot, chopped small
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup of Brandy or Cognac
salt, fresh cracked pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbs fresh parsley
1. Heat up the olive oil and 1 tbs of butter in the large skillet. Saute the steaks in medium high for about 1-2 minutes of each side. Take the steaks out and set aside.
2. Add the second tbs of butter and chopped shallot. Saute until transparent. Add the Dijon mustard and the Worcestershire sauce, stir and saute for a few seconds.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are cooked.
4. Make sure to do this step carefully! OFF HEAT, pour the cognac all over the mushrooms. With a long lighter, light the cognac. Do NOT share hard or swish too much because it can get dangerous. Bring back to the stove. Shake the pan very lightly while the fire goes down. Don’t worry, once the alcohol is cooked out the fire will go away.
5. Add the heavy cream, stir and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add some parsley.
6. Add the stakes back to the pan and cook until desired temperature is achieved.
7. Take out the steaks and top off with sauce.
* I am linking this recipe to ALL the PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?