1/2 pound dry thin spaghetti pasta OR any other pasta
Package of Italian sausage
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 cup vodka
1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (next time I will use 2 cans and drain)
1/4 cup whipping cream
3 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
Shredded Parmesan cheese and parsley, to top
1. Cook the pasta according to the package
2. Heat oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until transparent. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the vodka and slowly simmer until about 1/3 of the liquid is cooked down.
4. Add the vegetable stock, mix well and cook for about two minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt. Cook for about 15 minutes.
~ Cook the sausage while the sauce is cooking.
6. Transfer into the blender and blend well until smooth, make sure to open the flap to let the steam escape.
7. Return the sauce to the pot. Add the heavy cream, mix well and cook on medium for about 5 more minutes.
8. Top off the pasta with the sausage and sauce. Sprinkle with some shredded Parmesan and don’t forget the fresh herbs
* I am linking this recipe to the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?