3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup Spiced rum
1 cup shredded coconut
1 1/2 cans of sliced pineapples
10 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tbs pineapple juice
1. Preheat the oven to 375, place the cupcake liners into the 12-cup muffin pan
2. Beat the butter is a large mixing bowl for 1 minute
3. Add sugar and beat for another minute
4. Add one egg at the time, beating after each addition
5. Beat in vanilla and rum
6. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt, mix until combined
7. Add milk and buttermilk beat until combined
8. Fold in the coconut flakes
9. Chop the pineapples into small pieces. Drop a few pieces of pineapple on the bottom of the cupcake cups.
10. Pour into the muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, pineapple juice, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
2. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Frost the cooled cupcakes.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?