My boy’s favorite meal of the day has always been breakfast. The little man had never said “no” to anything I gave him for breakfast. Ok, well, that is not exactly true, there is one things. He used to love scrambled eggs, then all of a sudden, something happened and now he refuses to eat them. That is the only thing he will not eat. That doesn’t limit me too much, but I still like to bring the boys a little variety for breakfast.
3 tbs melted butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Zest from 1/2 of a large lemon
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients but the zest. Whisk well.
2. Grate the zest into the batter, stir until all combined.
3. Let stand for about 10 minutes (the baking powder needs a little time to do its magic)
4. Meanwhile rub your pan with some oil and preheat the pan on medium heat.
5. Ladle out the batter and cook until you see bubbles. Flip and cook a little bit longer. If you are not sure if your pancake is ready, touch the middle of the pancake. You will be able to feel if its still gooey in the center or nice and firm.
6. Serve warm with butter and syrup.
Enjoy and have a great day!!