Every fall, when pumpkin time rolls around, I make Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pie and all great pumpkin recipes. Some are new, which are still to come. Some are old that I have been making for years. This is an oldies with a new twist. I decided to make my pumpkin bread using my own pumpkin puree and add cream cheese filling. I think I have dies a gone to heaven after I tasted it!
1 1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup veggie oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbs flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a bread baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, water, sugar, oil, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth
3. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until combined
4. Add the flour baking soda, baking powder and walnuts. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined
5. Pour 1/2 of the bread batter into the greased pan
6. Beat all ingredients for the cream cheese filling in a bowl until well combined, but do not over-beat.
7. Carefully spread the filling over the half of the batter. (This is where I made small mistake and you will learn from my mistake. Leave a little big of space along the edges filling-free)
8. Pour the remaining batter over the top.
9. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
* I am linking this recipe to the Saturday and Sunday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?