3 tbs butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup of apples, chopped small
1/4 cup caramel
2/3 cup powder sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Grease the muffin pan
3. Cut the phyllo dough into about 5×5 squares
4. Melt some butter in a small cup
5. Place one slice of dough on the board. Brush lightly with butter. Place the second slice of dough right on the top and brush that one with butter. Repeat several times. If you want thin cup, use four slices. If you want thicker cups use 6 slices.
*Be careful with Phyllo dough. It is very thin so handle with care. It gets soft as brushed with butter and easily ripped
6. Slowly and carefully place the buttered dough into the muffin pan. Center of the dough to center of the hole. Fit well, but be gentle.
8. Place the muffin pan in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cups are medium brown. Set aside and let cool.
9. In the mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat well until creamy and combined.
10. Add caramel and apples. Mix well.
11. Fill the cups with the apple mixture while they are still in the muffin pan. Be careful taken them out, the cups are fragile.
* I am linking this recipe to the Monday and Tuesday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!