1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth
3. Add egg and vanilla, beat well until combined
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix well, dough will be thick so you will have to mix with your hands.
5. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. (I added only one extra tablespoon)
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon
8. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Flatten a little bit and roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
9. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cookies on the paper
10. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
* I am linking this recipe to the Wednesday and Thursday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?