1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 cup diced yellow onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
3 large garlic cloves
3 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
3 cups water
1/2 cup heavy cream
3- 4 large cubed red potatoes
1/2 of a bunch of kale (about 2 cups sliced)
2 tbs olive oil
1. Heat up the olive oil in a large pot
2. Grate the garlic into it and add the diced onion. Saute for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the bacon bits and saute for another 30 seconds or so.
4. Roll the sausage into little 1/2 inch balls and add to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the cubed potatoes. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
6. Add the water and stock. Mix well
7. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Bring to boil then lower the temperature to medium. Cook until the potatoes are soft. (about 30-35 minutes)
8. Slice the Kale leaves (not the thick part) and add to the soup.
9. Stir in the heavy cream. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
* I am linking this recipe to the Monday and Tuesday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!