5 cups whole milk
2/3 cup long-grain white rice
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 large peach
1 tbs brown sugar
1 1/2 tbs butter
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a heavy, large saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and rice is very tender, stirring occasionally (45 minutes to an 1 hour.)Reduce heat to low.
3. Whisk egg yolks and cream together in a small bowl.
4. Gradually whisk 1/2 cup rice mixture into egg mixture. Return mixture to the saucepan and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.( do not let boil.)
5. Remove from heat and cool.
6. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat
7. Skin and pit the peach. Chip into small chunks. Add to butter.
8. Add brown sugar
9. Cook on medium, stirring occasionally until peaches are soft.
10. Cool the peaches and top the rice pudding with it.