4 tbs of peanut oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbs of grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup of peas
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
4 cups of cooked Jasmine rice
3-4 tbs soy sauce (if you are using low sodium soy sauce, you may have to use more)
1. Preheat a large skillet with 2 tbs of oil
2. Grate the garlic and the ginger, slice the onions thin. Add to the heated skillet
3. Saute until fragrant
4. Add the peas and carrots, cook until soft. Take out of the skillet, set aside.
5. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in the skillet
6. Lightly beat the egg and pour in in the center of the skillet. Let it sit there for a few second like a pancake (don’t completely cook it)
7. Add the rice and mix very well.
8. Add some salt and pepper to the taste (remember you will be using soy sauce so don’t over-salt it)
9. Add the veggies and stir well
10. Add the soy sauce, stir well and taste to see if you need more soy sauce.
My husband does not eat seafood. So I grilled some shrimp for myself separately. Just pre-heat some oil in a skillet. Grate some garlic into the oil then grill the shrimp skewers for a couple of minutes. Salt, pepper to the taste. Quick, easy, so delicious!