Normally the Philly Cheese Steak would require a flank steak, you would need to slice it as thin an possible. Since I do not have a deli slicer , I got the Eye Round Steak that was already cut very thin and just sliced it even thinner with a knife. Meke sure your knife is sharp, and be careful!
*Little tip on the steak. If you want to cut it very thin but can’t, freeze the steak just for about an hour and while it is a little stiff from being frozen (not completely frozen) cut it. The stiffness will make it much easier to cut the steak thin.
Ingredients (makes 2):
1/2 cup sliced Green Bell Pepper
1/2 cup sliced Onion
1/2 cup sliced Mushrooms
salt and coarse ground black pepepr
Fresh Hoagies (deli would taste the best)
*If you got to cut your steak very thin you can cook the steak and veggies at the same time, it would take about the same cook time.
* If your steak is not so thin, you may want to start cooking the steak first and throw in the veggies after a minute or two.
1) Preheat the skillet on medium with some olive oil.
2) Throw in the steak and the veggies. Season with salt and coarse black pepper.
3) Saute until the steak is done and the veggies are soft.
4) Place two slices of Provolone cheese on each open Hoagie
5) Scoop cooked steak and veggies onto the Hoagies. Fold and…