This is one of my famous dishes! I’ve perfected the meatballs over a long period of time…and may I say…THEY ROCK!!!
2lbs. (or 2.5 lbs) ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 garlic clove
1 tsp dry basil
1 tsp dry parsley
Flour (for cooking)
1 jar of Marinara
1. Add ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, eggs, chopped onion, shredded (or minced) garlic, and spices to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the skillet with oil on medium.
2. Mix very well.
3. Scoop out some meat using a soup spoon, batter lightly with flour and roll into a ball.
4. Repeat as many times as needed
5. Cook for about 10 minutes, on medium, covered. Flip each meatball and cook for about 10 minutes on the other side. (cut into the biggest one to make sure it is fully cooked)
6. If there is more meat to cook, place the cooked meatballs and the juices in a separate pot and cook the remainder of the meatballs.
7. Place all the meatballs into the big skillet, or into a pot. Add Marinara, mix all well. Lower the heat to low, cover and cook the meatballs with the Marinara for about 5-10 minutes.
Meatballs can be served over pasta, veggies or with mashed potatoes. I decided to make it a little more fun with tri color rotini.
*** I am linking this post to all the link parties listed in my side bar!!!!